Monday, January 21, 2013

Ice Dyed Snowflakes


Still on a mission to make some colorful snowflakes, I decided to cut out a bunch, layer then in a container, and try ice dying them.  It worked -- kinda.  I really like the patterns on them, however they're pretty dark looking!  And too much brown.  I think that since there wasn't a large mass of fabric, all of the dye colors pooled on them and too much soaked in.  


And then it dawned on me.  Duh!  I have all of this beautiful ice dyed fabric - I can just trace the snowflake pattern onto cool looking areas and cut them out.  I really can't believe I didn't think of this before!


So here are my colorful snowflakes, with a blue theme.  I have more fabric with different colors I'll cut some out of and then on to my project!




Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment